- Teach yourself about the company you are interviewing for and make sure you show sincere interest in the position you have applied for.
- Be prepared to ask questions to ensure the company is the right fit for you
- Dress appropriately. In order to act professional, you must take the time to look professional.
- Come across as friendly and not desperate. Focus on creating a positive personal image for yourself rather than searching for sympathy.
- Keep your answers focused and to the point.
- Practice, practice, practice! Don’t try to memorize answers, but organize your main points and present them logically.
- Take the time to say thank you in person, and write a thank you note after the interview to use as a follow-up opportunity.
- Prepare for the “What’s your weakness?” question. Show how you have overcome these weaknesses. Slow progress is better than no progress.
- Client research and product analysis
- Prepare to communicate value through your prior accomplishments
Find “Hot Buttons”
- Unspoken concerns or wishes that the interviewer may have
- Ask the following questions:
What do you see as the greatest challenge for this position?
What qualities do you see as most important for this position?
- LISTEN – then match your qualities to interviewer’s motivations
- Enticing cover letter
- Resume must motivate reader to reach out to you
- Ask for a second interview – Be bold!